Please Read the Following Guidelines and Policies
- Refund Policy
- Release, Warrant and indemnity
- Code of Conduct
- Junior Program Guidelines
- Consent to Photograph and Record
- Medical Treatment Authorization
Refunds requested within 14 days of the first class of session - will be refunded at 75% of fee paid minus a $25 admin fee. No refunds will be issued after this 14-day period.
*Separate policies may apply in the case of club closure due to government mandate.
Release, Warrant and Indemnity
I for myself and (if applicable) on behalf of the participant (if the participant is a minor) and our respective heirs; executors, administrators, and assigns, hereby RELEASE, WAIVE, AND FOREVER DISCHARGE Niagara Academy of Tennis, and its agents, servants, contractors, representatives, successors and assigns (Releases) of and from all claims, demands, and damages, costs, expenses, actions and cases of actions whether in law or equity, in respect of death, injury, loss or damage to my person or property or to the Participant howsoever caused, arising or to arise by reason of the participation in the Niagara Academy of Tennis whether as a spectator, participant, competition, or otherwise and whether prior to, during or subsequent to any classes in the respect thereof and notwithstanding that same may have been contributed to or occasioned by the negligence of the aforesaid. I further undertake to hold and save harmless and agree to indemnify the Releases from and against any and all liability incurred by any or all of them arising as a result of or in any way connected to the participation of the participant I the Niagara Academy of Tennis.
I hereby authorize the Niagara Academy of Tennis to display my personal information within the Niagara Academy of Tennis so that other members/players may contact me for the purpose of scheduling. If I do not want this information displayed I must make this change in my account settings.
Code of Conduct
Niagara Academy of Tennis requires all players, parents, family members, spectators, coaches and staff to abide by our Code of Conduct while on court, or on Niagara Academy of Tennis premises. The following code of conduct is designed to ensure a respectful atmosphere for players, parents, family members, spectators, coaches and staff.
NOTE: It is understood that a violation of any of the rules stated below may constitute grounds for removal from the premises and immediate termination of any program(s) the participant may be enrolled in.
- Abuse of Balls - Shall not violently, dangerously or with anger hit, kick or throw a tennis ball while on the grounds of the tournament site except in the reasonable pursuit of a point during a match (including warm-up). For purposes of this rule, abuse of balls is defined as intentionally or recklessly hitting a ball out of the enclosure of the court, hitting a ball dangerously within the court or hitting a ball with disregard of the consequences.
- Abuse of Equipment - Shall not violently, dangerously or with anger hit, kick or throw a racquet or other equipment within the precincts of the tournament site. For the purposes of this rule, abuse of racquets or equipment is defined as intentionally, dangerously and violently destroying or damaging racquets or equipment or intentionally or violently hitting the net, court, umpire’s chair or other fixture out of anger or frustration.
- Physical Abuse - Shall not at any time physically abuse any official, opponent, spectator or other person within the precincts of the tournament site. For purposes of this rule, physical abuse refers to the unauthorized touching of another person.
- Verbal Abuse - Shall not at any time verbally abuse any coach, opponent, spectator or other person within the precincts of the tournament site. Verbal abuse is defined as any statement directed at another person that implies dishonesty or is derogatory, insulting or otherwise abusive.
- Audible Obscenity - Shall not use audible obscenities while on-site. An audible obscenity is defined as the use of words commonly known and understood to be profane and uttered clearly and loudly enough to be heard.
- Visible Obscenity - Shall not make obscene gestures while on-site. A visible obscenity is defined as the making of a sign with one’s hands and/or racquet or balls that commonly have an obscene meaning.
- Food on Court - No food will be allowed on court. Water bottles are acceptable.
- Footwear - Participants will remove boots and be in proper tennis footwear when coming on court.
Junior Program Guidelines
- Start Time - Participants must be ready at the appropriate start time i.e. 5:30 pm weekdays and 10:00 am Saturdays. Being “ready to start” includes being in proper tennis attire and having a water bottle.
- Participation in Warm-up - In order to prevent injury, players must participate in the coach supervised warm-up.
- Pick Up Balls - Players will assist in picking up balls during, and at the end of class.
- Coaching Instructions - Players will be attentive to all coaching instructions.
- Training Partners - Players will be supportive of their training partners.
- Coach/Parent Interaction - Parents are permitted to engage with coachers prior to or following class.
IMPORTANT: Non-compliance with 3, or more of the Junior Program guidelines will result in removal from the Junior Program.
Consent to Photograph and Record
- Many opportunities are presented throughout the school year to share positive stories about what is going on in Niagara Academy.
- Media contact could be initiated by us through a News Release that highlights a special activity or event; or contact may be initiated by the media with respect to an educational issue or initiative for which they are seeking local information. We seek every possible opportunity to present positive stories to our community.
- This “Consent to Photograph and Record” form is seeking your authorization for your recorded image, voice or work to be used by the media or in Academy publications, presentations and on websites over the current school year as opportunities arise.
- Your completion of this form is sincerely appreciated. Should you have any concerns with respect to providing this permission; please contact Niagara Academy of Tennis.
- I hereby give my permission for my recorded image (whether it is still or video), voice or work to be used by the media or in Academy publications, websites and presentations.
- I understand that I may be identified by name.
Medical Treatment Authorization
- In the event of an injury or illness while a participant in the Niagara Academy of Tennis Inc. programs, my signature indicates that I agree to allow medical treatment and authorize Niagara Academy of Tennis Inc. and/or the local hospital to provide the needed medical treatment they deem necessary.
- I hereby release Niagara Academy of Tennis Inc. and all members of the program's staff, the host facility and its staff, the local hospital and their doctors, agents, employees, and representatives, and all officers of Niagara Academy of Tennis Inc. from any and all claims and liability arising in any way out of its exercise of this authority. I understand and agree that all bills for any medical/dental care and treatment will be forwarded to the undersigned and/or insurance company, and that it will be my responsibility to see that such bills are paid.
- I further acknowledge, understand, and agree that in participating in this activity there is a possibility of physical illness or injury and that I am assuming the risk of such injury by my participation and release Niagara Academy of Tennis Inc, the program’s staff, the host site and it's staff, and all affiliated with or participating in the Niagara Academy of Tennis Inc, from all liability, claims, obligations or responsibility for personal property losses, accidents or injuries of any kind.
- I understand the inherent risks of the training process for an athlete and recognize that the program is strenuous. I understand the activities that are carried out during the program.
- I further authorize the program staff to administer non-prescription analgesics for minor medical problems such as headaches, etc. unless I have requested otherwise.