By checking below, I agree to abide by the Provincetown Tennis Club’s Requirements for Use of Premises as laid out below; state that I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I ASSUME ALL RISKS AS STATED ABOVE, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT; and I acknowledge the below Rules and Regulations.
Provincetown Tennis Club (PTC)
2023 Requirements for Use of Premises & Privacy Information Form
If I am injured or become ill, or my child is injured or becomes ill in the absence of a parent or legal guardian, I give permission for the PTC staff to seek medical care. By signing below, I release PTC, its board, staff, and volunteers from any liability in any way connected to medical care provided on PTC premises.
Release of Liability/Acknowledgement of Risk
Upon entering the PTC premises, I agree to abide by the rules and policies of PTC. I understand and acknowledge that tennis is an inherently dangerous activity. By signing below, I am agreeing to and understand the possibility that participation in, or observation of tennis constitutes a risk to me of serious injury, including permanent injury or death, and I voluntarily and knowingly assume all risks. I also release PTC, its board, staff, and volunteers from any liability in any way connected to my presence at PTC.
Indemnification and Hold Harmless
By signing below, I also agree to indemnify and hold harmless PTC, its board, staff and volunteers from any and all claims, suits, damages and costs brought or incurred as a result of my presence at PTC and to reimburse PTC for any such damages or costs incurred.
Member Privacy Information
PTC will use contact information for members and guests for official tennis club-related purposes only and will not use it for other purposes without member or guest consent. PTC endeavors to reasonably protect any personal information it maintains pursuant to 201 CMR 17.00: Standards for the Protection of Personal Information of the Residents of the Commonwealth.
Code of Conduct
The Provincetown Tennis Club is committed to providing a welcoming environment for all members and guests. To ensure safety and comfort for all, we require individuals to always act appropriately when using PTC facilities or participating in PTC tennis programs. By signing this form, you agree to abide by the Provincetown Tennis Club General Rules and Regulations (full text at provincetowntennis.org and posted in PTC clubhouse). You also understand that if you willfully damage any property or disobey these rules you will be subject to immediate discipline ranging from reprimand to ejection by the PTC Manager, staff, or board member. You also understand that the PTC board has the power to suspend or expel any member who does not comply with these rules. You also understand and agree that you will have no further remedy to the board's decision beyond the appeals process as stated in the Rules and Regulations.
PTC WAIVER/RELEASE FOR COMMUNICABLE DISEASES INCLUDING COVID-19
In consideration of being allowed to participate on behalf of the Provincetown Tennis Club tennis program and related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
- Participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist; and,
- I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation as regards protection against infectious diseases. If, however, I observe any unusual or significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest PTC staff or board member immediately; and,
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS Provincetown Tennis Club, their officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“RELEASEES”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
IMPORTANT RULES AND REGULATIONS
(Full text at provincetowntennis.org and posted in PTC clubhouse)
- PTC members or guests who willfully damage any property or disobey PTC rules, or otherwise engage in unacceptable behavior/conduct shall be subject to immediate discipline.
- Parking is on a first come, first served basis. Car owners blocking others may need to stop their play to move their vehicle. For liability reasons, PTC staff will not move vehicles.
- Dogs are not allowed on courts. Dogs are permitted on the porch and in the Club House.
- PTC members and guests are expected to put their refuse in the appropriate trash and recycling receptacles, and to place used tennis balls in the provided ball-recycling bins. Additionally, no bottles or other breakables should be left on courts, porch, or surrounding grounds.
- All players must wear appropriate tennis clothing and rubber-soled tennis shoes.
- Clay courts must be swept and line-cleaned at the end of every match.
- Court reservations require the name of one member in good standing (singles) or one member in good standing plus one other member/guest name (doubles) to be accepted.
- PRIME TIME is defined as: 9:30 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in July and August, and holidays (Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day).
- Members may book/play on only one court per day during prime time (9:30 – 11:00 a.m. or 11:15 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. Friday, Saturday, Sundays, and holidays).
- Members are not allowed to speak on their cell phones when they are on the court. Phones must be put in ‘vibrate’ or ‘silent’ mode during play.
- Members should not walk through courts until the current players complete their game or set, or switch sides.