The undersigned hereby certifies that undersigned and family members are the participants in certain tennis instruction, group clinics, private lessons and/or activities that are taught, organized or hosted by Charlotte Tennis Academy (CTA), including but not limited to travel to tennis tournaments and group activities (each an “Activity”; collectively, the “Activities”).
In consideration of the foregoing, undersigned and family grant to CTA, any company or entity affiliated with CTA, any coach involved with any Activity and all their respective officers, directors, agents, contractors, employees, heirs, successors and assigns (each a “Releasee”; collectively, the "Releasees") a full release and indemnification as set forth herein (the “Release”) and acknowledges and agrees as follows:
1. The undersigned and family members are voluntarily allowing to participate in the Activities with full knowledge, understanding and appreciation of the risks of injury inherent in any physical exercise, physical activity, athletic activity or travel and expressly assumes all risks of injury and even death which could occur by reason of participation in any Activity.
2. The undersigned and family members fully release each Releasee from any liability and agrees not to sue any Releasee with respect to any cause of action for bodily injury, property damage, death or any other damage or injury occurring as a result of participating in any Activity.
3. The undersigned and family members hereby assume full responsibility for risks of bodily injury, property damage or death due to the ordinary negligence or gross negligence of any Releasee and the ordinary negligence, gross negligence, or willful misconduct of any third party including others participating in the Activity. The undersigned agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless, at the undersigned’s sole cost, each Releasee from any and all claims arising out of participation in any Activity.
4. All personal property brought to the Activity or event, is brought at the sole risk of the undersigned as to its theft, damage, or loss.
5. The undersigned and family members consent to emergency medical care and transportation in order to obtain treatment in the event of injury as a Releasee may deem appropriate. This Release extends to any liability arising out of or in any way connected with the medical treatment and transportation provided in the event of an emergency.
6. The undersigned and family members expressly agree that the terms of release and indemnity contained herein are intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the laws of the state in which the Activities occur. Any provision or portion of this Release found to be invalid by the courts having jurisdiction shall be invalid only with respect to such provision or portion. The offending provision or portion shall be construed to the maximum extent possible to confer upon the parties the benefits intended thereby. Said provision or portion, as well as the remaining provisions or portion hereof, shall be construed and enforced to the same effect as if such offending provision or portion thereof had not been contained herein.
7. The undersigned and family members will be responsible for any unpaid balances, damages to CTA property, extension fees, lesson charges, tournament coaching fees, or any other expenses incurred during participation. Accounts will be auto-drafted via the selected payment method (credit card or bank account) on a monthly basis at the end of each month.
8. Photographs/video are sometimes taken during clinic and the undersigned and family members give permission to be included on CTA social media and website pages.
9. The undersigned and family members are fobidden to bring in outside coaches who are not employed by CTA for coaching or play.
10. A 2% convenience fee will be applied to all payments made with a credit card and will appear in your transactions for each monthly billing statement. No convenience fee will be applied to payments made with a bank account.
11. The undersigned and famlily members understand all terms and policies above as attested by clicking the checkbox below.