Briarcliff Woods Beach Club
2020 Pool Season
- Familiarize yourself with the COVID-19 Precautions and Policies. The full guidelines are below. We created these guidelines in collaboration with other local pools, legal and CDC experts in our community. We need everyone to follow these guidelines to ensure the health and safety of our members and allow our pool to remain open.
- Reserve a spot. Instructions are below for reserving slots for the 2020 pool season
- Print and sign the waiver. Bring your signed waiver with you the first time you come to the pool. You can print the waiver from our website here.
This 2020 pool season will be an adjustment at first. As the COVID-19 environment continues to change, we will adjust and modify our procedures and guidelines. For now, let’s enjoy the weather. See you at the pool!
Briarcliff Woods Beach Club
Acknowledgement of COVID-19 Precautions and Policies for Summer 2020
Briarcliff Woods Beach Club Board along with Sweetwater Pools Management have compiled the following guidelines in order to meet the Georgia requirements to safely operate the pool club during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Use pool facilities at your own risk. Before entering the pool, a waiver must be signed by each household member.
- Stay home if you have any symptoms of illness. No one experiencing flu-like or COVID-19 symptoms may enter.
- Social distancing guidelines apply to all common areas. Maintain at least 6 feet apart from one another at all times. No more than 10 people in any one area.
- To better support social distancing, BWBC will operate on a reservation-only system using CourtReserve. Members are allotted a 2-hour time slot. Between each time slot, the pool will be closed for one hour for cleaning. Handrails, tables, ladders and bathrooms will be cleaned during this time.
- All members will be required to check in at the front gate for their scheduled reservation slot. A Pool Manager will be on duty to check in members. The gate will remain open during check-in to ensure a touch-less entrance.
- Tables are placed 6 ft apart to delineate 20 reservation zones. This is designed to support social distancing. Please do not move or rearrange the tables. Beyond the seats at the tables, members will need to bring their own chairs and keep them 6 feet apart in the zones marked by the tables. The slated chairs and loungers have been removed due to the difficulty of cleaning them between uses.
- Only members are allowed entrance into BWBC. Please no guests apart from nannies, babysitters/caregivers.
- No one under the age of 18 is permitted without an adult. Please maintain a one adult per four children ratio.
- In order to minimize surface contamination, the following areas will be closed until further notice:
- shower and changing rooms in the bathrooms
- playground equipment including the swing set
- snack bar
- clubhouse and pavilion rentals
- lost and found
- Parents should closely monitor their children to ensure social distancing. This includes use of the diving boards and bathrooms.
- The kiddie pool will remain open to children 5 and under with adult supervision. To ensure social distancing, one family at a time in the kiddie pool.
- One family at a time in the bathroom. Bathroom entrance doors should remain open to help with ventilation.
- No floats, water guns and sharing of toys, goggles or other high touch objects.
- Each member pack a personal supply of hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes and mask. Per CDC guidelines, masks should not be worn in the water due to safety risks.
- Lifeguards are for water safety only. Questions about COVID-19 policies should be taken to the Pool Manager on duty.
How to Reserve a Open Swim Time:
1. Click Events at the top of your screen.
2. Select time section to see availability.
3. Choose date by using the arrows (top left) or by clicking the date at the top-left portion of the page.
4. Choose by clicking the RESERVE button at that time slot.
5. Complete the reservation form, including whether you would like to reserve spots for you and each family member.
You will get an email confirmation.
- Swim reservations and cancellation fees are the responsibility of the person who booked the reservation.
- We ask that members cancel their reservation at least 2 hours in advance of their reservation time.
How to Cancel a Reservation:
1. Click MY PROFILE at the top-right portion of your screen.
2. Find date & time of upcoming reservation you wish to cancel. Click DETAILS button on the right.
3. Click red CANCEL RESERVATION button in upper left.
4. Click CANCEL RESERVATION.
To reserve your pool spot and have full access to Court Reserve in an even easier format, please download the Court Reserve mobile app!